Skip to main content

The Insignificant Animal

It is ok.
It is ok to just exist.
It is ok to not succeed
It is ok to not achieve
It is ok to not have a job
It is ok to not have too much money
It is ok to live life
It is ok to be happy by just being

Cos that's how we were meant to be!
It is us, humans who
Started off as an atom or two
Who was no different
From the chimpanzees, the baboons, the elephant!
Who spoke no complex language
Who bothered not to write down anything
Left nothing but paw prints on the earth
Went around for food searching

The same humans who,
Are now proud of the things we do.
The things that led to us
Defining our own acts
Leaving no longer prints of our feet,
But those of carbon in repeat.
The same acts that now makes us differentiate
Between us and others
Amongst ourselves
Within ourselves
We have our highs and lows
Of greater and lesser mortals
Where we no longer remember where we came from
What we did, What we didn't

When life was one
Living beings were all the same
The earth was beautiful and abundant
Providing for every species without a name

Who were You? Who was I?
We were all specs of dirt that came by
Brought together by nature
To be one with it in future

We have no identity, no we don't.
We are but sparks of energy that survive till we won't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Promise

I promise not to speak I promise to stay quiet and listen To every word pronounced And stay a kitten. I promise to help you I promise to stay I promise to wait For more than a day. Take your time And take mine too For the love we have Very few do. Take me to parties Take me to your friends’ Smile I shall From both ears’ ends. Be the good one, I will. Less talk, sweet smile Looks that can kill. The brand manager Of today’s man. Thy spouse Thy fan. Speak as I will Only on occasions that mandate Speak as I will Only on that particular date. I promise to be by your side In every endeavor. That I abide. But please, do me a favor. Don’t ask me to speak For I shall not. Never after you told me not to Never after we fought.

In the Mariana Trench lives a kid...

Deep within every individual lives a kid, an innocent child, in his/her most beautiful form. It is this child's manifestation that we see getting expressed every now and then when we see people around us getting into a euphoric state over seemingly minor issues.. We see so many grown-ups acting in a childish or child-like manner. We don't, though, see it happening with everyone; and ofcourse, not all the time. Does this mean it is only in some that this child-like behaviour prevails? Not at all! It is important to understand that the reason for the lack of child-like behaviour in many is not to be attributed to its absence but to its suppression (which is not always intentional). I am sure most will agree with me when i say this. How many amongst our friends and acquaintances through the years would we have met who make us think of how child-like they behave very often? How many have we come across who we saw carrying themselves in such a sophisticated matured way who at some r

What am I upto....?

I feel I do not belong here This world unfair Hatred, emotions, unnecessary things all along Wherever I go, I feel unattached I feel lonely in a crowd The moon amongst the stars I feel tired As if am rowing from one sea to another Around the world and back again Am unable to take certain things as they are Am I not trained for it, or am I just not made for it? My destiny is unsure I don’t know where I wanna go It seems as if I have still not come across the path I need to take Or… have I just missed a turn on my way? I don’t know I didn’t see the yellow brick I don’t know where to look for directions I don’t understand this trick I feel I need a guide Who would it be? I am unable to see such a person in anybody around All they say seem to be in a course different from where am destined to go Am searching for it everyday I search for it everywhere I go I don’t know what to do I haven’t been like this before I see friends and foes alike True friends on one and foes with masks on the othe